pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: R: StAX
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 16:31:37 GMT
>no, sorry, I've read something and seems better performance, and maybe better alignment
with recent Java Runtimes ... and some new product like (Codehaus) woodstox and the latest
Tapestry are using it, so could be interesting to try also for us.

This doesn't appear to be any kind of "official" StAX 2.0 release. From the link you sent:

"StAX2 is an experimental API that is intended to extend basic StAX specifications in a way
that allows implementations to experiment with features before they end up in the actual StAX
specification (if they do)...Currently Woodstox is the only known implementation."

So this probably isn't something that we'd want to adopt at this point.

Thanks for the heads-up, though.