pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: high-dpi displays, font sizes, and hard-coded pixel counts
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 14:24:53 GMT
Pixels are considered a device-independent unit of measure in Pivot. The idea is that super-high
resolution monitors would increase the scale factor of the display host to compensate. Microsoft's
WPF takes a similar approach. I'm not sure exactly how Vista handles it, but I'm guessing
that it allows you to scale the entire UI rather than simply increasing the font size. Apple
has also been moving towards a fully-scalable UI - maybe we'll see it in 10.6.