pivot-dev mailing list archives

From "Martini Sandro" <Sandro.Mart...@technomind.it>
Subject R: R: Java ME vs. Android
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 14:59:03 GMT
Hi Greg,

> Actually, adding JOGL support theoretically shouldn't be that hard. I think it is definitely
worth looking into the possibility > of basing our next-gen L&F on OpenGL.

Great (for Pivot 2.0 i think).
As always, tell me if i can help also on this .

But on PC with older Graphic Boards or Bugged drivers (and with OpenGL seem to be usual, with
many non-NVidia boards, at least on Windows and Linux) this could give us problems on stability
etc ... so why not refactor the AWT / graphics core of Pivot, and then implements by default
an implementation like current (revised, ok) and then another for OpenGL ?

What do you think ?

Bye,
Sandro