pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Annotations etc
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 23:43:56 GMT
Hi to all,
some time ago I make some experiments on some annotations for Pivot,
but mainly targeted at compile time, to enable some checks, like check
the existence of the given resource (for example a wtkx file, etc),
check structure, check binding to valid variables, etc ... to avoid
(as much as possible) errors at runtime, having to test manually the
application.

This could be a feature only for developers (inside the tools
subproject for example).

Reading other mails related to annotation, maybe this is the time to
see if something like this could help ...

What do you think ?

For wtkx resources loading, why not add the ability to load the file,
but searching it from the classpath, but in this case specifying in
the url "classpath:filename", like in Spring (
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/beans.html
) ?

Oh, sorry, one last thing, related to Testing:
we haven't a base class for Unit Testing, is time to write one ? And
maybe could be something like (Desktop)ApplicationContext ?
And in this case (if useful) maybe the rendering of elements could hi
lite some features like borders between elements, etc, but i have to
think better of this ...
I have to try to run a class like this with the JUnit Test Runner ...

Tell me.

Bye,
Sandro