pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Brind <bri...@brindy.org.uk>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Add source JARs to binary distribution?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:02:33 GMT
Sorry to jump in ...

My understanding is that for code completion Eclipse will use the source by
default and will fall back on to Javadoc only if the source is unavailable
or unspecified.   So that sounds about right.

So the doc folder in our binary distribution is enough for code completion,
but not for debugging.  If you want to debug, then it is easy enough to just
download the source archive and 'attach' that as well.  You shouldn't even
need to un-archive it, which is what I think you discovered, right Greg?

I'm not sure we need to/should make any more changes to the distribution.  I
don't see the value in archiving the doc in the binary distribution because
it's just something else to un-archive if you want to read the docs outside
of Eclipse.

Cheers,
Chris