pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Icons for new tool
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:26:40 GMT
> These are commonly used, and I usually manage to find something in
> there,
> but I don't know how compatible the license is?
> http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

We're actually using those throughout our demos and tutorials right
now, but I didn't see anything that would fit.

> I was about to start work on a generic REST client... any overlap
> with what
> you're doing?

Probably not - this is strictly for visualizing a JSON tree. Though
they might be able to cooperate - you could possibly copy the text of
the response from your app and paste it into this one.

> My app will allow the user to select which HTTP method to use, specify
> custom headers, request parameters, etc, etc, and use an instance of
> HttpClient to maintain a client state (unless the user choses to
> create a
> new instance), then it'll support 'structured' display of certain
> types,
> namely XML and JSON initially.

Todd has written something similar - it's the only other app in the
tools project at the moment. However, it is more of a generic HTTP
client. I could certainly see an argument for writing a different app
that is more focused on REST APIs (and could possibly take advantage
of the org.apache.pivot.web query classes).

Unfortunately, both apps are likely to need a complete TextArea
component, which we don't currently have.  :-(