pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: new DesktopApplicationContext
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:09:29 GMT
We intentionally don't provide access to the frame, since, in general,
a Pivot application shouldn't need to be aware of the specific
application context in which it is running. Providing access to the
frame would be analogous to giving an application in a Windows VM
access to the VMware Workstation instance in which it is running. It's
just not a use case that the Pivot platform attempts to address.

That said, we don't preclude doing something like this. I think this
is a good example of when you might want to create your own concrete
subclass of ApplicationContext. That way, you are free to do whatever
you like with your containing frame.

Greg