pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASF code signing certificate
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 14:41:43 GMT
If such a certificate would be prudent, I don't think anyone will
object to shelling out 500 bucks. Though not something I'd personally
want to pay, but for an organization with our sponsors it is not that
much, and money well spent.

I suggest sending this message to general@incubator and infra@ and see
where that takes us.

Martijn

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
> Hello mentors,
>
> Back when Pivot first entered the Incubator, I had asked about the availability of an
official Apache code signing certificate. Some of our demo and tutorial JARs are signed, but
they currently use an unofficial (and expired) certificate Todd had created locally for testing
purposes. This doesn't inspire quite as much confidence in the authenticity of the code as
we would like.  :-)

> The response at the time was that no such certificate currently exists. Once we graduate,
do you know if it might be possible to request one? I believe these cost around $500 (US)
- is the ASF likely to cover something like this, or do you think we would need to fund it
ourselves?

> FWIW, I actually tried to get both Verisign and Thawte to contribute a certificate a
few months back, and I didn't get a reply from either one...maybe I will try again after we
graduate. Anyone have any contacts at either place?

> Thanks,
> Greg

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0