pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recent project structure changes
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:55:58 GMT
Hi Greg,

> You may have noticed that we recently split web and wtk into two separate projects.
This could also be useful to isolate changes in Terra that not belong
to wtk for example.

For me all this it's Ok, but just a curiosity, I've seen you have
added pom.xml in all subprojects, are they to support also building
from Maven (a feature that if I remember well was dropped many months
ago, but I'll be happy if renewed), or only to publish to the
repository, or other ?

And last, someone has already tried to let maven handle all
subprojects inside an IDE (like NetBeans 6.7.1 or higher, or Eclipse +
some maven plugin) to see what happen (or at least to ensure that all
works good the same) ?
In this case there isn't a subproject containing the root (parent) pom
like in many other projects (for example see Wicket, tapestry, etc ...
they call this subproject *project or *parent).
In my environment (latest eclipse + m2eclipse + external maven-2.2.1)
all works good the same, but I have to try with NetBeans ... If wanted
I could make some deeper test on this tomorrow, tell me.

Thanks,
Sandro