pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: "Pivot cookbook"
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 07:40:40 GMT
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Martijn Dashorst
<martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fragmentation of an already small community is bad IMO. How much time
> are you willing to invest in Pivot? Would you like to spend your time monitoring
> several forums or do you want to develop actual code? If you spread out your
> users across several forums you limit their chances of helping each other,
> ensuring that you will be responsible for helping each individual.
> Having a single
> source for user help has been one of the greatest catalysts for the Wicket
> community.

IIRC, I argued that ASF should have a unified communication platform,
where mailing lists were backed by News servers, so one could use
mailing, forum and news transport, whichever was the most convenient
for "you". Too bad that wasn't implemented back in the days... ;-(

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er