pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject New Infrastructure for High-Speed GUI
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 12:28:52 GMT

Hi to all,
I've just read this article, on the new Java FX 1.3 and Prism:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/opinali/archive/2010/05/03/first-long-look-javafx-13-and-prism

the performance gain seems impressive, and it's still an early release
(should be released with Java FX 1.3.1).

Someone knows something more on it (Prism) ?
I hope it will become part of Java SE ... but at this point I don't know.

Ok, Pivot is not focused on so (visually) rich applications, but maybe for
Pivot 2.x we could start to think at something in line with it.

Comments ?

Should I attach this to a ticket for the 2.0 , for reference and some idea ?

Bye,
Sandro