pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Grandin <noelgran...@gmail.com>
Subject TablePane and spanning components, bug or feature?
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 10:37:49 GMT
Hi

I'm working on
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-441   "TablePane
containing column-spanning cells reports wrong preferred height"

And I've noticed something else while I'm fixing that.

If we have a 3-column TablePane, with the first component spanning two
columns, and the second component spanning one column, the existing code
will match the the second component to the second column,
in methods like TablePaneSkin#getPreferredRowHeight(int, int[])

Which may lead to some surprising results, because the equivalent HTML
layout algorithm would match the second component to the third column.

Is this intentional, or a bug?

Regards, Noel Grandin