pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] adding components to TextArea
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:07:49 GMT
I have not looked at the code in any detail, but I had assumed that the sub-components would
be arranged in TextAreaSkin#layout(), as is done with other containers. Is that feasible?

On Jun 4, 2010, at 10:54 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is my first attempt at the part of PIVOT-31 related to inserting Component's into
TextArea (soon to be RichTextArea).

> It seems to be mostly working - I can add components, they follow the layout properly,
and the components can receive mouse events.

> I'm asking for comments because there are 2 design decisions I'm not sure about
>
> (1) in TextAreaSkin I'm passing x and y parameters down the paint() method chain, because
a Component inside a TextArea lives outside the way other nodes are painted.

> (2) I've changed the listeners quite a lot in the wtk.text package to better reflect
the difference between events fired for text mutation, and events fired for node mutation.