pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.5.1
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 21:53:58 GMT
Hi to all,
sorry for the delay but I was in bed with flu ...

My vote is:
[-1] Don't publish

because of the error in tests, my fear is that some other small
problem is in this release.

These are my tests:

Test platform: Windows 7 at 64 bit, Sun JDK 6 Update 21 (64 bit), and
Java Runtime 6 Update 21 (32 bit) inside Firefox 3.6.8

- checked md5 on apache-pivot-1.5.1.zip

- checked that root files are good (README, LICENSE, etc)
  Note that in the README probably this link should be upgraded (or
put there the 1.5.1) docs:
  Javadoc:         http://pivot.apache.org/1.5/docs/api/

- opened and inspected all pivot jars to ensure the content is right,
and check that new files under meta-inf are present
- opened javadoc index, and tested some random pages
- deploy demos and tutorials wars in a local tomcat 6.0.28 instance,
  and verify that the two web applications are working, that all links
are good (pages, applets, web start applications),
  and that all pages have the right content inside

Test platform: Windows 7 at 64 bit, Sun JDK 6 Update 21 (64 bit), and
Java Runtime 6 Update 21 (32 bit) inside Firefox 3.6.8

- checked md5 on apache-pivot-1.5.1-src.zip

- checked that root files are good (README, LICENSE, etc)
  Note that in the README probably this link should be upgraded (or
put there the 1.5.1) docs:
  Javadoc:         http://pivot.apache.org/1.5/docs/api/

- setup environment: using ant-1.8.1, junit-4.8.1 and maven-ant-task-2.1.0

- run many ant commands: clean, doc, test, clean, dist, install,
maven-install, and ensure that all works good

Note that ant test gave me this:
test:
     [echo] core: Executing test cases...
    [junit] Test org.apache.pivot.serialization.test.CSVSerializerTest FAILED
     [echo] web: Executing test cases...

More in detail, the error is in this method:
    public void testQuotedNewlineReadObject() throws IOException,
SerializationException {

- inspected generated artifacts (zip, jars)

NOTE: I'm sorry for this vote but I think that some other day could
help to fix these small issues (and the maven little problems as seen
by Greg).

Bye,
Sandro