pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Small things by FindBugs
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 12:53:02 GMT

Hi Greg,
thanks for the fixes ...

> All of these are because DisplayHost is serializable by inheritance -
> however, no one should be serializing it. You can ignore them.
maybe we can try to make it transient ... and if this doesn't solve I agree
that we can keep it as is.

And, sorry these are still to check (are all trivial):

tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/webqueries/Expenses.java:45
Write to static field
org.apache.pivot.tutorials.webqueries.Expenses.instance from instance method
new org.apache.pivot.tutorials.webqueries.Expenses()
  -- I've seen that the static field is not read, so maybe could be removed

tests/src/org/apache/pivot/tests/sql/ResultListTest.java:40
org.apache.pivot.tests.sql.ResultListTest.main(String[]) may fail to close
Statement
  -- just add a nested try/finally also for the close

demos-server/src/org/apache/pivot/demos/rest/server/RESTDemoServlet.java:133
org.apache.pivot.demos.rest.server.RESTDemoServlet.doDelete(QueryServlet$Path)
ignores exceptional return value of java.io.File.delete()
  -- just catch also missing exceptions ...

I can fix them this evening, tell me if I have to do ...

Thanks,
Sandro