pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Small things by FindBugs
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:02:29 GMT
> core/src/org/apache/pivot/beans/BXMLSerializer.java:979 Load of known null value

This is OK.

> core/src/org/apache/pivot/beans/BXMLSerializer.java:315 Method
> org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer$1.putAll(Map) makes inefficient
> use of keySet iterator instead of entrySet iterator

This one has come up before and can be ignored.

> wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/DesktopApplicationContext.java:75
> org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext$DesktopDisplayHost$1
> stored into non-transient field
> DesktopApplicationContext$DesktopDisplayHost.rootOwnerListener
> wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/DesktopApplicationContext.java:147
> org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext$DesktopDisplayHost$3
> stored into non-transient field
> DesktopApplicationContext$DesktopDisplayHost.updateHostWindowTitleBarCallback
> wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/ApplicationContext.java:72 Class
> org.apache.pivot.wtk.ApplicationContext$DisplayHost defines
> non-transient non-serializable instance field display

All of these are because DisplayHost is serializable by inheritance - however, no one should
be serializing it. You can ignore them.

> wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/TextAreaSkinParagraphView.java:36
> Should org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.TextAreaSkinParagraphView$Row be a
> _static_ inner class?

Not sure about this one.

> wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/TextArea2.java:42 Should
> org.apache.pivot.wtk.TextArea2$Paragraph be a _static_ inner class?

Possibly. I'm still on the fence about that.

> wtk-terra/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/TerraActivityIndicatorSkin.java:88
> Dead store to increment

This has come up before and is a false positive.

> wtk-terra/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/TerraTabPaneSkin.java:1049
> Redundant nullcheck of activeTabButton, which is known to be non-null

Fixed.