pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Images as Buttons
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 00:48:21 GMT
Hi to all,
I've seen an application running on Touch Screens (big, for Desktops,
not for Mobile, but this is not the point), where many navigations was
done with (mid / large) Images (as buttons), so I was wondering it
this is possible with Pivot ... I know that we have Buttons with
Images, but in this case I don't have the rest of the button
appearance (no borders, gradients etc, only the image) and maybe some
effects applied (like a shadow decorator) ... and in some cases on
hover effect but I can live without this, the important is at least to
have the mouse cursor to change over this like in a button.

This is doable with current components (maybe adding some style
enhancements to disable some parts), or you think it's better to
implement it as a new component ?

Then a generalization of this could be a component like Image Map of
HTML but that's another story ...

Bye,
Sandro