pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Fwd: Consideration to Create GitHub Mirrors for Apache Extras Project
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 21:04:26 GMT
What do we think about this option for Pivot Extras?

~Roger Whitcomb

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Christoph Emmersberger <cemmersb@gmail.com>
> Date: October 26, 2014 at 1:29:26 PM PDT
> To: dev@community.apache.org
> Subject: Consideration to Create GitHub Mirrors for Apache Extras Project
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m reaching out, in order to get your thoughts on the creation of GitHub mirrors for
existing Apache Extras project.

> Quite some time ago, we had an infrastructure related discussion on the camel-extra mailing
list [1] and figured, that GitHub might be a good collaborative space that attracts other
developers. Additionally, GitHub provides a well established code contribution approach. In
order to bring the discussion into the right direction, I have filed an INFRA ticket [2],
to track the progress on this topic. My proposal is:

> (1) Create an “Apache Extras” organisation on GitHub (similar to the Apache organisation
[3])
> (2) Notify Apache Extras projects about the existence of the GitHub organisation
> (3) Mirror existing Google code git repositories
>
> Even if there are still ongoing discussions, if Google code is the appropriate space
for Apache Extras, the creation of mirrors would not interfere any migration opportunities
and rather facilitate any upcoming decision.

<http://camel-extra.1091541.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Migration-to-Jira-td141.html#a151>[2]