pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 16:18:15 GMT
Hi Roger,
I don't think we need to update our README because in our LICENSE we
have a detailed list of related icons and a reference to their
license, with a general info/link in NOTICE (that is the right place).

Note that in LICENSE the same license is for FamFamFam icons and for
The Silk Companion Icons, and that license is reported there, I think
this should be enough; maybe could be clarified in our LICENSE.

Anyway, an additional check with SF LEGAL (a JIRA issue) could help
solve the doubt ...

Bye
Sandro

> Hi all,
>                 I was told by one of our legal team here that the FamFamFam icons, which
are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license, requires us to provide a link to
that license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/) within our software/README in order
to be compliant.  The Pivot code, which also uses some of these icons, has a link to the famfamfam
site (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/) which itself has a link to the license, but
apparently our lawyers think we need to also provide the license link.  This makes we wonder
if our NOTICE file needs this license link as well....