pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Jenkins build is back to normal : Pivot-maintenance on Java 8 #1120
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 17:06:32 GMT
The other thing is that building the 2.0.x branch with Java 8 gives 100s of Javadoc warnings,
which are also not really helpful.  I have fixed all these in "trunk".  But, if we're going
to do a Jenkins build for 2.0.x (and I think we should, since is the current release branch),
then it should build "clean", without 100s of warnings......  And a Java 7 (or Java 6 if we
can do it) build would achieve that....

~Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandro Martini [mailto:sandro.martini@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:16 AM
To: Developers - Apache Pivot <dev@pivot.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : Pivot-maintenance on Java 8 #1120

Hi Roger,
I dropped the build on Java 7 only because on 2.0.x the minimum required Java version is 6,
and the current one is Java 8, and Java 7 is after End-of-Life so I think is no more relevant
(even because if some code compiles with Java 6 and with Java 8 usually if works even with
Java 7) ...

Anyway if needed we can restore is (or better, define it from scratch in Jenkins).

Bye,
Sandro