plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [SCALA-API] Scala API branch pushed to gitbox repo
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2017 00:46:22 GMT
Hi,

> I don’t think we have agreed on how to work with git yet. Do we want to rebase the
branch thereby potentially breaking peoples working copies or do we simply merge master to
the PLC4X-12 branch?

Some projects do use rebase but there are some concerns raised at the ASF that history can
be modified this way. People new to git are less likely to make errors with merging IMO so
I fine for just using merge.

Some projects use a develop and master branch.  I seen this also cause a little confusion
for new users (and sometimes experienced ones) so I’m all for working off a single master
branch and using feature branches and branches for bug fixes.

What do other people think?

Thanks,
Justin