plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: IsoTPProtocol tests
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:48:48 GMT
Hi Justin,

I just had a look at your changes … wow … you seem to have implemented quite a lot of
the tests for that protocol.

Unfortunately, I had not quite gotten the time to implement them and just started experimenting
when the whole “incubation” thing started and Christmas came ;-)

We are using the ISO TP Protocol in “class 0” as this is the only class supported over
TCP. For that class, a Disconnect Confirm isn’t defined (See section 13.1 of [1]). I Think
I started implementing all types and codes of the ISO TP Protocol according to the spec, but
then soon dropped most of that as I noticed I need only the things required for Class 0 connections.
But you are correct, it should be 6 instead of 8, so I think your changes are correct. But
eventually we should remove the Disconnect Confirm interpretation completely as we will never
receive such a packet.

Initially I had a lot of documentation in the encoders and decoders, but when migrating from
Apache Mina to Netty some time ago, I think a lot of that got lost. I definitely need to go
through the code again and write those code comments again.

Chris

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc905#section-13.1