plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Including AL 2.0 content?
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2017 14:32:17 GMT
And for one license I couldn’t see if this is compatable:
The FontAwesome fonts are licensed under “SIL OFL 1.1” (http://scripts.sil.org/OFL)
Is this compatable with the AL 2.0?

Chris

Am 26.12.17, 12:44 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Justin,

    thanks for the feedback … I did apply the configuration I did for the Edgent project
to here so now I could add the LICENSE and NOTICE attributions.
    The thing is, that the reflow skin does bundle the listed software. Some are graphic resources
and some are CSS frameworks or JavaScript libs. In the end, they are used and they are added
to our build-output so I listed all of them. I also added the stuff for FontAwesome as this
wasn’t listed yet.

    However, the thing is that these resources are only used for generating the site. Not
a single line of them is output to the individual build artifact. I don’t quite know how
to deal with this. So, I added a headline for all of these attributions that these only apply
to the generated site.

    Would be cool, if there was a way to provide attributions for artifact and site separately,
but it seems this isn’t possible (Mabe I should ask the Maven guys on this matter)

    What would be the ideal way to handle this?

    Chris

    Am 26.12.17, 11:12 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <justinmclean@me.com>:

        Hi,

        > I was able to override this, by copying the original template from here:
        > https://github.com/andriusvelykis/reflow-maven-skin/blob/master/reflow-maven-skin/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/site.vm
        >
        > To here:
        > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-plc4x.git;a=blob;f=src/site/template/maven-site.vm;h=adf7d61b9bc17a81ca05f5843eb712779e831ab3;hb=refs/heads/feature/fine-tuned-site-generation
        >
        > So, is this ok to do so? Would I need some additional attribution?

        Look OK to me, Apache licensed software doesn't require attribution. It does however
have a NOTICE file [1] so I would add this to NOTICE:

        Reflow Maven skin and Velocity tools
        Copyright 2012 Andrius Velykis

        (as the rest of the NOTICE file doesn't seem to be bundled)

        You can also add it to LICENSE [2] but it’s not required.

        Thanks,
        Justin

        1. https://github.com/andriusvelykis/reflow-maven-skin/blob/master/NOTICE
        2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep