plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Raw Socket support
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:05:42 GMT
Hi,

I have just started to work on raw socket support. I am doing this in a separate branch, so
it is not yet used by anyone (I could have done that in master as it doesn’t have any links
with the rest, but this way no one would think about using it yet. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLC4X-18)

Also, I created an issue with the Netty project as I think this RawSocketChannel would be
a much better fit for the Netty project. Hopefully some people there could step in and we
could implement this together. The result would probably be a lot better than if we implement
something on our own. (https://github.com/netty/netty/issues/7552)
They currently have 3 types of native transport, but all are platform dependent. A RockSaw
version would be completely independent.

Chris