plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interest in a code-retreat architecture round, kickoff type of thing?
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2017 11:00:02 GMT

> Am 27.12.2017 um 22:42 schrieb Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
> at codecentric we have a cool finca on the island of Mallorca which we can use for project
get-togethers, code retreats and alike (for free).

> I was thinking if it would be a good idea to do such a thing for Apache PLC4X. Usually
we used ApacheCons for things like this, but as 2018 will be an ApacheCon-free year I thought
I’d ask, if you would be interested in meeting in person, locking ourselves in to intensely
discuss things like the API, unit-testing, documentation, kicking off with the one or the
other protocol and just get to know each other? The finca is fully equipped with all we would
need and beyond that with: pool, barbeque, I think I remember 6 bedrooms with separate bathrooms.

> We did recently happen to feel what can happen if the community doesn’t have face-to-face
time in another project I was involved in at Apache and would like to avoid similar problems
from the start with PLC4X.

> If there is interest, I could try to find and block a timeslot.
>
> What do you think?

Consider me in!