plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Keinhörster <mark.keinhoers...@codecentric.de>
Subject Re: Usage of GIT (was: [SCALA-API] Scala API branch pushed to gitbox repo)
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2017 16:27:28 GMT
Hi Chris,
I agree with you. I also prefer merging for ease of use and simplicity.

Thanks,
Mark

> Am 22.12.2017 um 12:44 schrieb Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
>
> Hi Benedict,
>
> thanks for providing your work … I know there was at least one further person planning
on working on the SCALA api.

> In general, I usually only rebase if I haven’t pushed anything.
>
> I think we should never break someone elses work just for the sake of a cleaner commit
graph. As we never quite know if some potentially new committer has started to work on something,
I think we shouldn’t do that.

> So, my opinion would be to merge. But I think this would be a good topic to start discussing
here. Especially the new born Apaches are encouraged to join the discussion

> Chris
>

> Am 22.12.17, 10:20 schrieb "Benedikt Ritter" <britter@apache.org>:
>
>    Hi all,
>
>    I’ve just pushed the work I’ve started a few weeks ago on the Scala API to the
gitbox repo. The branch is called PLC4X-12 (the name of the lira issue). The branch is currently
outdated, because we introduced some changes to the Java API after started my work. I never
got around to bringing the branch up to date with current master. But maybe somebody wants
to continue working on the Scala API, so there it is :o)
>    I don’t think we have agreed on how to work with git yet. Do we want to rebase the
branch thereby potentially breaking peoples working copies or do we simply merge master to
the PLC4X-12 branch?