plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Should we participate in Google Summer of Code?
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2017 16:09:33 GMT
Hi Benedict,

I think that we could definitely do something like this, but I guess we would have to provide
manageable units of functionality.
But I think it might be a challenge to get young people to choose working on industrial protocols
if they can work on the next new JavaSript framework ;-)

But still I think we should give it a go. Unfortunately, I don’t have an Idea of how big/small
such a unit of work should be. And I guess we would have to put it down in words somehow.

Anyone here ever done such GSoC mentoring?

Chris