plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Should we participate in Google Summer of Code?
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2017 16:10:43 GMT
Ups … Benedikt (stupid auto correction) ;-)

Am 30.12.17, 17:09 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Benedict,

    I think that we could definitely do something like this, but I guess we would have to
provide manageable units of functionality.
    But I think it might be a challenge to get young people to choose working on industrial
protocols if they can work on the next new JavaSript framework ;-)

    But still I think we should give it a go. Unfortunately, I don’t have an Idea of how
big/small such a unit of work should be. And I guess we would have to put it down in words
somehow.

    Anyone here ever done such GSoC mentoring?

    Chris