plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject AutoCloseable for Reader / Writer
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 18:57:26 GMT
Hey Everybody,

we just head the short notice about the „Connection Pool“ earlier today and one thing
I wanted to ask with regards to Chris refactoring is, if there is a reason behind the fact
that PlcConnection is AutoCloseable but Reader and Writer are not.
Should they have a lifecycle which is strongly bound to “their” PlcConnection (for S7
its pretty obvious).

The reason behind this question is that without AutoCloseable I would not like to use it in
a ConnectionPool as the chance is pretty high that clients forget to give back the connection.

If you agree, I think now would be a good time to decide as the current refactoring will change
many thinks so this should be no issue.

Best
Julian