plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Api changes ... coming close to the finishing line
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 14:09:56 GMT
Hi all,

I just finished integrating all the additions to master in the refactoring branch and started
experimenting with the little hello-plc4x project.
Here I noticed that I still had been missing some little things and added them.
Also now I added a getObject method this returns the base type in case of the DefaultFieldItems
and I added specialized versions for S7 that now internally ensure the closes matching type
to the type defined in the address is returned ... so if you use BYTE, an array of 8 Booleans
is returned, if you use “UDINT” a Long is returned and so on. I think Julian will be particularly
happy about this.

So now all left to do, is to finish the write logic in the S7 driver and finish porting the
other drivers (should be a lot easier now).

Chris