plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [S7] missing datatypes
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2018 16:33:50 GMT
Hi all,

today I tried filling the missing gaps in S7DataType ... so I created a little program that
requested all possible values for datatypes (256 of them) and evaluated how the S7 device
reacts on them.
So I did find 1 or 2 new codes (WCHAR, for example) but it seems that while INT is supported
as Numeric type, SINT and USINT isn’t directly available as code in the S7 protocol.

I did some experiments to request SINT as BYTE and that worked, but it sort of feels strange.

Anyone else got information on this?

Chris