plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [S7] String handling
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 09:04:56 GMT
Hi Julian,

unfortunately my TIA knowledge is very limited ... I manage to create a blinking Christmas
tree, but doing some intense PLC coding is sort of over my head.

However I do manage to be able to check the array question:

It is possible to define an array of Strings. However it looks as if TIA handles this as syntactic
sugar. Cause if I defined an array of Strings, each is 265 bytes long.
When I access "strvar[0]" this is translated to: P#DB1.DBX314.0
And if I access "strvar[1]" this is translated to: P#DB1.DBX570.0

I re-did this check with other datatypes such as Bool:

When I access "boolvar[0]" this is translated to: %DB1.DBX48.0
And if I access "boolvar[1]" this is translated to: %DB1.DBX48.1

And with byte:

When I access "bytevar[0]" this is translated to: %DB1.DBB50
And if I access " bytevar[1]" this is translated to: %DB1.DBB51

So I assume there is no "array notation" for TIA addresses.

Chris