poi-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>
Subject Re: Getting lots of /tmp/*.xls on Brutus
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:22:47 GMT
Am So, den 11.07.2004 schrieb acoliver@apache.org um 8:23:
> It is deliberately this way.  You need to delete the unit tests after
> running the test target.  They are left there because how the heck could yo=
> test if the files where valid otherwise?

You could compare the generated files with files that are known to be
correct and contain the expected result. Such a scenario could be set up
as follows:

1. Run the test with a switch "do not compare".
2. Manually load the generated file into the target application (Word,
Excel etc.) and ensure that it is correct.
3. Move the generated file to a directory with "should be" files.
4. Future test runs use the file to compare with the files they generate
themselves and remove the latter if the comparison yielded equality.

(HPSF does it similarly.)

> Maybe we should add a delete /tmp/*.xls to the gump target?  I doubt that
> any gump instances have other uses for xls files in the temp directory

This could be done, too.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  K├Ârner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423