poi-dev mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: [poi] Problem with encoding
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:07:30 GMT
Excel wants cp1252 for most things...  It just does.  When I get home
(I'm on the road) I'll look at the dev kit...it may be that by changing the
codepage record we can handle things a bit nicer, but eeez kinda picky
about that and regardless of what AIX may support, when
you open the Excel sheet it will be on Windows generally (or a
semi-emulation of it on Mac/Linux) and you'll have to write it in an
encoding supported by Excel for Windows...

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.