qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject remotely vote related...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:35:23 GMT

I was reviewing the packages for M2.1 vote last night and went to look
for some details up on the wiki. I got side tracked so still
need to complete the review to vote but did wonder about the following.

For our next release I think we should target some wiki work as it is
hard to work out what applies to what. I suggest we restructure into
the follow way on the wiki. Today the client and broker info are
interleaved in a lot of places, and it is not clear what applies to what
version -- to resolve this I suggest.

We create two sections.

Brokers:

Configuring and running the Java broker, supported AMQP versions
Configuring and running the C++ broker, supported AMQP versions

Clients:

Then a section for each client that included
Configuration, API doc and client specific issues for each language,
supported AMQP versions

I would suggest re-purposing this page into the above structure:
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/getting-started.html

Basically I an saying we should include the wiki as part of our M3
release goals, comments...
Carl.