qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ruby ./run-tests
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:05:16 GMT
On 16/04/2008, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:
> Gordon Sim wrote:
>
> > Martin Ritchie wrote:
> >
> > > We should probably capture it in a jira so we can scope it for Mn
> > >

> > Good idea: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-930
> >

>  The output is normal and doesn't indicate a problem with the release. The
> test is checking that the client properly handles a broker initiated closing
> of the connection. To do this the client is intentionally doing something
> illegal and then checking the resulting exception. The info that is printed
> out is always printed when the broker closes the connection.
>
>  Arguably the message should be logged rather than sent to the console, but
> the ruby client doesn't currently make use of any log system other than
> direct console output.
>
>  --Rafael

That is cool. Is there a verbose run mode similar to the python where
it specifies the test that is going to be run? If so it might be good
to make it the default and have it log out that the exception is
expected. The Java tests that print out an exception print an info
just before hand to say that it is expected.

just a thought.

Martin

--
Martin Ritchie