qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [Java] Eclipse Java Management Console
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:17:05 GMT
Hi All,

As you may be aware, there are a few Eclipse Mgt Console (for the Java
Broker) JIRAs underway at the moment. Basically, it's been aging somewhat
ungracefully for some time now. During testing for the M4 release, Martin
found a few extra items that aren't working.

The net result is that the console really needs some love. The patches from
Robbie Gemmell (thanks for those) are a great help. I know that Martin is
also planning to do some work on the JIRAs he raised last week around the
user management elements.

I'll be doing a self-built release to some users of the build from trunk
when it's in better shape, for use with the M4 Java Broker. I wanted to
propose an independent (i.e. not the same dates etc as M4, since it's much
too late) release of this component too ?

Please let me know if you object to this idea, otherwise I'll post some
timelines/suggestions around the scope for the release (JIRAs etc).

Thanks to Robbie for the patches (and to Martin/Aidan for reviewing them).

Bye for now,
Marnie