qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C# QMF Console
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:07:57 GMT
Julien Lavigne du Cadet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m curious to know with which environment the C# QMF console has been developed as
I can’t get it to work.
> As far as I can tell, there’s at least 2 issues :
>  - It’s using AM3 identifier whereas qpid0.5 is using AM2. Should I use it we a broker
compiled from the trunk?
>  - The decoding of the QMF messages seems broken, it breaks when handling schema response.
However this might be a consequence of my previous point

> Can someone offer any advices on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Julien
> ______________________________________
> Sent from my www.pageflakes.com startpage

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Julien,

The C# QMF console was introduced post-0.5 and should be run against the
broker and agents from the trunk.  As you noticed, there has been some
evolution of the data formats used for schema descriptions (to support a
new class extension feature) and as a result, the magic number revision
has been incremented.

For the Qpid 0.6 release, we will need to have a plan for backward and
forward compatibility as not all components will necessarily be updated
simultaneously by a user.  In the mean time, if you wish to use the new
features, you will need to use the trunk revision.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org