qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Julien Lavigne du Cadet" <j.lavigneduca...@abc-arbitrage.com>
Subject RE: C# QMF Console
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:22:01 GMT
Thanks for the info Ted.
By the way, let me know if I can help regarding the problems you're having to compile the
C# API with VS 2008

Julien

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ted Ross [mailto:tross@redhat.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 17 juillet 2009 18:08
À : dev@qpid.apache.org
Objet : Re: C# QMF Console

Julien Lavigne du Cadet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm curious to know with which environment the C# QMF console has been developed as I
can't get it to work.
> As far as I can tell, there's at least 2 issues :
>  - It's using AM3 identifier whereas qpid0.5 is using AM2. Should I use it we a broker
compiled from the trunk?
>  - The decoding of the QMF messages seems broken, it breaks when handling schema response.
However this might be a consequence of my previous point

> Can someone offer any advices on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Julien
> ______________________________________
> Sent from my www.pageflakes.com startpage

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Julien,

The C# QMF console was introduced post-0.5 and should be run against the
broker and agents from the trunk.  As you noticed, there has been some
evolution of the data formats used for schema descriptions (to support a
new class extension feature) and as a result, the magic number revision
has been incremented.

For the Qpid 0.6 release, we will need to have a plan for backward and
forward compatibility as not all components will necessarily be updated
simultaneously by a user.  In the mean time, if you wish to use the new
features, you will need to use the trunk revision.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

P  Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email

Ce message peut contenir des informations confidentielles.
Les idees et opinions presentees dans ce message
sont celles de son auteur, et ne representent pas necessairement
celles du groupe ABC arbitrage.
Au cas ou il ne vous serait pas destine,
merci d'en aviser l'expediteur immediatement et de le supprimer.

This message may contain confidential information.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of its author
and do not necessarily represent those of ABC arbitrage.
If you are not the intended recipient,

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org