qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [java] RFC: moving persistent messages, queue durability
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:28:07 GMT
2009/7/7 Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org>:
> Removing that check seems like the right thing to do to me. There's a
> couple of other oddities like that elsewhere in the stores though. We
> should really make a decision about how to treat them, but IMO the
> right thing to do is to persist if *either* the queue or the message
> is marked as durable.

Definitely not an *either* thing (transient messages on a durable
queue should certainly not be persisted).  In practice we currently
put persistent messages in the store regardless of the durability of
the queue (e.g. even if the queue is a temporary queue).  This is
wrong really, but because of the messed up way our configuration is,
people may be depending on it so we would need to make it clear before
changing.

I would leave as is for the moment - IMHO we should JIRA the whole
durable message on transient queue thing (if it isn't already) and
solve that properly as a separate task.

-- Rob