qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Building the ruby client on Mac OS X
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:33:16 GMT
On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 06:13 -0700, Rob Gabbard wrote:
> FYI... I wanted to use the Ruby client library on Mac OS X (10.4) but had an issue building
the sasl Ruby extension included. The issue was the lack of malloc.h in the stndard include
paths on Mac OS X. But since malloc is included in stdlib, an easy warkaround was to change
the malloc.h include in ext/sasl/sasl.c to...

> #if !defined(__APPLE__)
> #include <malloc.h>
> #endif
>
> After doing so, the sasl library built and installed correctly and the Ruby sample and
tests ran fine, taking to a remote broker.

I think this is a small bug in the original code: The POSIX/C location
for malloc is stdlib.h, not malloc.h (which seems to be a GNU/BSD?
location) so if there is already an #include <stdlb.h> then #include
<malloc.h> should not be needed on usual Unix platforms.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org