qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r830534 - /qpid/branches/0.5.x-dev/
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:53:03 GMT
2009/10/28 Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org>

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM,  <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Author: ritchiem
> > Date: Wed Oct 28 13:35:14 2009
> > New Revision: 830534

> > Log:
> > Created 0.5.x Development branch
> >
> > Added:
> >    qpid/branches/0.5.x-dev/
>
> que?
>
> Are you planning on rolling a 0.5.1 or something?
>
> - Aidan (who is very confused)

There is a likelihood that we will be producing some patches for the 0.5
Java codebase and releasing that while continuing new development post 0.6
on trunk.  We may choose to package these patches up as an 0.5.1, 0.5.2 etc

I'm expecting there to be a fair amount of new code landing in the Java
space over the next few months some of which will cause existing users some
pain if upgrading (e.g. the store formats are different between 0.5 and
0.6).  The plan will be to keep trunk up to date with any appropriate
patches on the 0.5.x branch as and when they are created.  It's definitely
not anticipated that there'll be any significant new development on the 0.5
codeline, nor do we want to get into an M2.x like situation where a lrge
merge was necessary before M3.

Hope that helps,
Rob