ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Rearranging Ranger Wiki pages ...
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 20:17:34 GMT
We might need to do some rearrangement of the wiki pages to make it more
scalable. At the high level, this is the principal we originally organized
the wiki pages:
1. Dashboard/Index page as the link to all important pages and links
2. Top level page tree is limited to top level pages (so we can avoid
clutters)
3. Each release has it¹s own page. All release related artifacts are
contained within the respective release page

Proposed change is to have top level release page under home/index and move
all the release folders/pages underneath it. This will help us limit the
pages under home/index.

If there are no objections, I will move the existing release specific
folders into /Release Folders. The downside is that anyone linking to
existing pages will break. But this is the downside of us using Wiki. The
search engines will reindex the new pages (eventually)

Seems our website also needs updates based on the 0.5 release. And it will
be good to overall it in the process. Any volunteers?

Thanks

Bosco