ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Selvamohan Neethiraj <sneethi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Resend: plugin-shims in ranger-0.5, RANGER-586
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 01:15:24 GMT
Hi Dilli,

ranger-0.5 branch is being used for all minor releases of ranger-0.5.* series …. (initial
version: ranger-0.5.0  and the next version planned:  ranger-0.5.1).

Once  ranger-0.6.0 is ready to be tested for release,  ranger-0.6 branch should be created
from master and all ranger-0.6.* fixes/changes  should go into both master and ranger-0.6
branch.

Hope, this clarifies further.

Thanks,
Selva-

From: Dilli Dorai <dilli.dorai@gmail.com<mailto:dilli.dorai@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:56 PM
To: "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org>" <dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Resend: plugin-shims in ranger-0.5, RANGER-586

Thanks Selva for the quick response.

I had a concern because, I see these shim packages in ranger-0.5 branch of
ranger.

Snippet of commands from my git repo

git status

On branch ranger-0.5

Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/ranger-0.5'.

nothing to commit, working directory cleanOn branch ranger-0.5

ls -d -1 *shim

ranger-hbase-plugin-shim

ranger-hdfs-plugin-shim

ranger-hive-plugin-shim

ranger-kafka-plugin-shim

ranger-knox-plugin-shim

ranger-storm-plugin-shim

ranger-yarn-plugin-shim

git log -1 ranger-hbase-plugin-shim

commit fac88a20d61aaf75f56eab9b9cf28f32887f33d8

Author: rmani <rmani@hortonworks.com<mailto:rmani@hortonworks.com>>

Date:   Tue Oct 27 16:30:08 2015 -0700

    RANGER-586:Ranger plugins should not add dependent libraries to
component's CLASSPATH

This implies these changes have been committed to ranger-0.5 branch.

Thanks

Dilli

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sneethir@apache.org<mailto:sneethir@apache.org>>