ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Dilli Dorai <dilli.do...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resend: plugin-shims in ranger-0.5, RANGER-586
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 00:56:36 GMT
Thanks Selva for the quick response.

I had a concern because, I see these shim packages in ranger-0.5 branch of
ranger.

Snippet of commands from my git repo

>>>git status

On branch ranger-0.5

Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/ranger-0.5'.

nothing to commit, working directory cleanOn branch ranger-0.5

>>> ls -d -1 *shim

ranger-hbase-plugin-shim

ranger-hdfs-plugin-shim

ranger-hive-plugin-shim

ranger-kafka-plugin-shim

ranger-knox-plugin-shim

ranger-storm-plugin-shim

ranger-yarn-plugin-shim

>>> git log -1 ranger-hbase-plugin-shim

commit fac88a20d61aaf75f56eab9b9cf28f32887f33d8

Author: rmani <rmani@hortonworks.com>

Date:   Tue Oct 27 16:30:08 2015 -0700

    RANGER-586:Ranger plugins should not add dependent libraries to
component's CLASSPATH

This implies these changes have been committed to ranger-0.5 branch.

Thanks

Dilli