ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Selvamohan Neethiraj <sneet...@apache.org>
Subject PMD integration for Ranger ...
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:42:15 GMT
All:

I see that PMD tool used for static code analysis has a maven plugin and it seems to catch
lot of issues (just like findbugs).
I integrated with the ranger pom.xml and found lot of codes are not in compliance with the
standard ruleset provided by pmd.
So, I have created some exceptions for these ruleset to avoid build breakage for time-being
(see:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-ranger/blob/master/dev-support/ranger-pmd-ruleset.xml
)

However, we need to fix these issues asap to ensure that we are following code standards.
I am creating a RANGER JIRA (RANGER-824) to fix these issue in the upcoming release.

Anyone, who would like to take these tasks (full or partial), please do provide patches to
fix for the issue.

Thanks,
Selva-