ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Alok Lal <a...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: PMD integration for Ranger ...
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:55:13 GMT
+1

I created the first one RANGER-851 as a sub-task under it and have submitted a patch for it.

On 1/26/16, 10:11 PM, "Don Bosco Durai" <bdurai@hortonworks.com on behalf of bosco@apache.org>
wrote:

>Would it make sense to split or group them into related issues and have folks grab it
with what they are comfortable with?

>Thanks
>
>Bosco
>

>On 1/26/16, 9:42 AM, "Selvamohan Neethiraj" <sneethir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>All:
>>
>>I see that PMD tool used for static code analysis has a maven plugin and it seems
to catch lot of issues (just like findbugs).
>>I integrated with the ranger pom.xml and found lot of codes are not in compliance
with the standard ruleset provided by pmd.
(see:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-ranger/blob/master/dev-support/ranger-pmd-ruleset.xml
)

>>However, we need to fix these issues asap to ensure that we are following code standards.
I am creating a RANGER JIRA (RANGER-824) to fix these issue in the upcoming release.