ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Row Filtering/Cell Masking
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 19:00:29 GMT
Yes, that is the plan. I don’t think the timeline has been discussed yet.

Bosco

On 5/23/16, 8:32 AM, "Ellis, Tom (Financial Markets IT)" <Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>Hi Ranger Dev,
>
>I've seen in the Ranger JIRA (RANGER-873) and looked through the source on github the
implementation of a framework for row filtering and cell masking, with a particular implementation
for Hive (RANGER-895).

>I was wondering if this is also planned for HBase, and when this would likely be available?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Tom Ellis
>Consultant Developer - Excelian
>Data Lake | Financial Markets IT
>LLOYDS BANK COMMERCIAL BANKING
>________________________________
>
>E: Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com<mailto:Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com>
>Website: www.lloydsbankcommercial.com<http://www.lloydsbankcommercial.com/>
>, , ,
>Reduce printing. Lloyds Banking Group is helping to build the low carbon economy.
>Corporate Responsibility Report: www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads<http://www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads>
>

>Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered
in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25
Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626
1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in
Scotland no. SC327000. Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered
Office: Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428. Telephone:
0345 603 1637

>Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.

>Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
>
>Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is
a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

>HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no.
SC218813.

>This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may contain privileged
material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it
(including any attachments) immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any
of the information in it or any attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.