ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP authentication
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:34:20 GMT
Thanks for the explanation Vel. I wonder then what is the point of the
following "group" configuration tags associated with LDAP authentication?
Namely:

 - ranger.ldap.group.searchbase
 - ranger.ldap.group.searchfilter
 - ranger.ldap.group.roleattribute

If the users always get the "USER" role then are these configuration tags
not redundant? My testing showed that they're used to initially retrieve
the group information, but then the information is discarded by the call to
userMgr.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh