ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unit Test for Ranger Plugin
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:05:33 GMT
I would start by getting your external service to start in a test-case and
plug in a mocked authorization plugin and write some tests. Once this is
working, then swap out the mocked plugin for the Ranger plugin. Start the
Ranger Admin service locally and create some policies. When this is
working, download the policies, and change the Ranger configuration to load
the policies from a local file. To see an example, the Kafka tests follow
this approach.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh